Riley’s story

Riley the cat, came to us an emergency presenting with acute neurology symptoms including ataxia (muscle weakness), nystagmus (rolling eyes) and muscle tremors, most likely due to poisoning.

Riley was given medication to induce vomiting to prevent the poison absorbing further into her system. As antifreeze was one of the likely possibilities causing her acute illness, she was also treated with intravenous alcohol to help counteract the effects.

Rob said: “Riley may have left us with a hangover the next day but luckily we were able to send her home a much healthier and happier cat.”

Her owner commented: “I got my wee cat Riley back home two days after being poisoned and can’t thank the staff enough for everything they did for her. I’m so grateful to them all for looking after her so well.”