Comber and Ards Veterinary Clinic collects certain information about you and your pet(s) to allow us to carry out the functions of our business, namely caring for your pet(s).
It is our policy to keep our clients informed when boosters, flea treatments and wormers are due. We also like to maintain our relationships by sending occasional newsletters relating to issues pertaining to your pets’ wellbeing. Finally, we may sometimes contact you with special offers that may be relevant to you or your pets.
As a small, local business, good client relationships are central to our ethos and we promise not to send spam or unnecessary communications. If at any stage, you feel we have broken this promise, please let us know, so that we can rectify it.
Who we share your information with
We share some of this information with third party companies when required to do so for legitimate interests –
Individual GDPR policies for these companies may be found on their accompanying links.
- Assisi Animal Sanctuary when taking on an adopted animal:
- Avacta Animal Health who handle our allergy testing
- Cats Protection for charity neutering schemes
- DAERA when we are applying for a Pet Passport on your behalf for pets travelling outside Northern Ireland
- Dogs Trust
- DRA Credit Management if we need to refer non-payers.
- Identibase with whom we register microchip details
- IDEXX Animana who manage our client and patient database and manage our text and email service
- Lab Services who process our pathological samples
- NI Courts Service for Small Claims Cases
- Noticing me who manage our website and email newsletters.
- Pet insurance companies to whom we submit claims on your behalf
(For other companies, please see individual policies)
- Pets Farewell and Peaceful Paws Crematoria
- Referral Centres Earlswood Veterinary Hospital, UCD, Cedarmount Veterinary Clinic, Greenmount Veterinary Clinic, Cedar Grove Veterinary Clinic, Rathgael Veterinary Clinic. (See individual policies)
- Royal Canin who manage some of our food loyalty schemes
- Simply Health Ltd. who manage and maintain our Pet Club Health care plans for your pets https://www.denplan.co.uk/about-denplan/our-policies/privacy-and-legal-policies/privacy-policy
- Zoetis who occasionally manage our text messages and emails
The information we collect
The personal information we collect about you includes:
- Postal Address
- Telephone Number
- Email address
- Financial details (when required)
- Pet Insurance Policy details
- CCTV at Ards and Comber Vets
Why we collect your information
We require your address and contact details to allow us to perform our contract with you in providing veterinary care for your pet and, where applicable, registering microchip details, setting up a Pet Club Health Care Plan scheme for your pet(s) and completing insurance claims.
What we do with your information
We will use your contact details to issue reminders for routine vaccination, flea and worming treatments for your pet(s).
We occasionally use your contact details to provide you with details of changes and developments within our business and to alert you to offers in which we think you may be interested.
We share your details only with the third party companies mentioned above and only with your consent. Should your pet require a referral to another veterinary practice for treatment, we will be required to provide them with your and your pet’s records. We will only do so once we have obtained your authority to share this information.
In keeping with RCVS guidelines, we hold patient records for 5 years. In keeping with GDPR regulations we will perform a data audit every year to remove details of inactive clients and patients from our database.
What if you do not want us to contact you?
Should you no longer wish to receive reminders or any marketing communication from us, or if you would prefer that we erase some or all of the information we hold about you, you should contact us by phone, email or in person to advise us and we will ensure that we act accordingly. We will take steps to erase information and/or stop routine communications as soon as possible.
If you have any queries about our Data Processing and Data Protection procedures or policies, you should contact James Buick, by mail or in person at Ards Veterinary Clinic, 4 North Street, Newtownards, BT23 4DE by phone on 028 91818898 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org